The Armory is excited to announce a new, weekly moonlighter's night. Beginning May 8, we will be opening our space every Tuesday night from 6:00 pm until midnight. This is a time for those holding a secondary job, starting side projects/businesses, or learning a new skill in order to change their career.
The goal is to provide an opportunity to expand your knowledge base or learn some new skills from others in creative fields.
The training times will be dictated by the needs of the community. We will work to invite experts in the subjects that are relevent to those using the space.
Seminar + Workshop Night
6:00 - 7:00 - Meet and Greet - meet new guests, learn about those we will be working alongside, give time for everyone to arrive from work
7:00 - 8:00 - Guest Lecture
8:00 - Midnight - Work on projects
How-to Training Night
6:00 - 6:30 - Meet and Greet
6:30 - Midnight - Hosted Training Workshop
Free Work Nights
6:00 - Midnight - Work on personal projects while surrounded by a community of like-minded others
Possible Presentaions and Training Topics
- Build your first App - how-to training session to teach coding beginners how to create their first mobile app in a single night using various coding technologies
- How to vett your mobile app ideas
- Coding for Designers - how-to training to teach designers who don't think of themselves as coders basic techniques to add interactivity to their designs
- Ebook pulbishing with InDesign - Adobe InDesign offers the ability for designers and self publishers to create EBook/Interactive Book for the Apple AppStore
- GameSalad - Game Development for Everyone
Each class or workshop will have a $10 cover charge or a monthly moonlighter's membership is available for $35/month.